Today was officially my last day of work here in Nevada. I enjoyed my job at the hotel for the most part. Some days were really hard and long, but I got to meet really cool people. I met the big wigs from JELLY BELLY, SCONZA CHOCOLATE, GHIRADELI CHOCOLATE , & MICROSOFT. I got to meet BASEBALL PLAYERS from all over, BYU football players and BENGALS players, MISS AMERICA PAGEANT CONTESTANTS, The People from the show WHAT NOT TO WEAR, and lots of other really RICH people who spent well over $30,000 between spa visits and room service. How would it be?....It's nice to turn in my 'beautiful' gold and plum purple suit (thank goodness). If anyone wants to take a trip with me, my boss said I can still go stay there for the employee rate! which is pretty darn good. I learned lots of things working in the hotel business, heres some tips:
* don't book hotels from priceline or expedia or any of those sights without contacting the actual hotel first, they may have cheaper rates...those other websites milk the money out of you with booking fees and processing fees.
* don't complain too much, or the people at the front desk wont be very nice. If you ask nicely, you can pretty much get anything you want...do you know how much free stuff we gave away?
* make sure you ALWAYS keep confirmation numbers for your reservations JUST IN CASE. If the person who makes your reservation spells your name wrong, they have no way to find your reservation unless you have a confirmation number.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment